– Gentle cleansing and moisturizing options which will not clog the skin pores while also keeping your skin hydrated. In the case of makeup, use a lighter foundation and opt for a bit more concealer for problem areas. Choose non-comedogenic products that will not occlude the skin.
Lock the Moisturiser
– It is not a good idea to skip moisturizer in the sultry heat. Moisturizing your skin daily is as important in summer as it is in winter. Skin needs hydration for plumpness and radiance. Choose a light moisturizer, especially during summer.
Apart from moisturizing externally, it is also extremely important to not use products that strip the natural skin oils as they can eventually disrupt the skin barrier and weaken it. The best way to prevent this is to use a soap with a humectant such as Glycerine which will ensure that the skin’s moisture is not lost.
Exfoliation is Essential
– Exfoliating your skin once a week helps to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores which can lead to breakouts and dull-looking skin. It is also important to choose the right chemical exfoliant based on your skin type and your skin needs. It is best to consult your dermatologist for the right one and the adequate frequency of usage.
Add Antioxidants to Skin Care Regime
– Antioxidants fight free radicals which damage your skin causing aging and dullness. While you ought to include foods like carrots, spinach, berries, etc, in your diet which are natural sources of antioxidants, you can also incorporate topical products to give your skin additional benefits. Using an antioxidant serum with Vit C can be beneficial but consult with your dermatologist for usage and frequency based on your skin type and your problem areas.
Drink More Water
– Lastly, hydrate, hydrate hydrate. Drinking plenty of water (at least 8-10 glasses) will keep your skin hydrated from within. Incorporate foods with high water content such as watermelon, cucumber, and celery in your diet. Keep up with your daily movement and exercise regularly.
Taking care of your skin in summer is not as hard as it seems to be. Following these tips will help you to embrace the sunshine and flaunt that naturally plumpy, healthy summer glow.